Total Pageviews

Monday, May 15, 2017

Bird Cafe near Sungshin University in Seoul, South Korea



Seoul has various themed cafes. When cat and dog cafes came to Seoul, you thought it couldn't get any wilder than that. Now you can see over 12 different kinds of unique cafes with its own distinct style. I have personally been to a Peanuts cartoon cafe, a raccoon cafe (see a previous blog post), and most recently a bird cafe, which is the subject of today's blog post.

The only way I was able to hear about this cafe was through my friend Timothy Holm. Tim does his very best to find to dig through the city of Seoul and find all of the hidden treasure. His major was Asian studies, so he enjoys experiencing all of Asia to the max. He is also fascinated with Seoul which has inspired me to experience all of what that city has to offer as well. I was happy to join him on this journey as we went to a bird cafe in an area near Sungshin University.

To find this bird cafe, the only thing I can suggest you to do is type the name 우리집새새꾸 into Naver Maps on your phone and you'll be able to find it or you can go to their website here. Another way is to just click the link here ( bird cafe Naver map ) and a map of the bird cafe will pop up there. It is located in the basement of the building on the map. If you can't read Korean, then I would suggest you to go with a Korean friend and you won't have a hard time finding it. 

Here's the poster to help you out as well:




You'll love this place for various reasons. 1) It's very clean. If a bird does his duty, you can easily get wet tissues which are accessible at the counter. 2) The staff is very friendly and as long as you're not torturing the birds, they will let you take out birds from three different cages from one room. You can play with them, feed them, put them on your head, shoulder, etc. 3) You can stay here as long as you want. You just have to pay for coffee (W6,000). 4) You'll see exotic birds that you wouldn't even get to touch while at the zoo! Here's a pic of a couple of beautiful parrots.




Look at this parrot on my arm. My initial reaction is shock. Haha!



Tim even took video of me feeding him. But he seemed a bit hungry. You'll see what almost happens at the end! Here's the video



Here's Tim with a cute parakeet!



But is one really enough? How about two to make it more interesting??




We fed them on the table but we had to be careful. They tried to eat our coffee lids. ;)



Here's one on my head! Thankfully he didn't poop on it!




But the best part was playing with one of the storekeeper's pets: A skunk! Tim asked her in Korean why she would want a skunk as a pet. She said, "I just wanted a skunk." Alrighty then. That's a pretty simple explanation. I wouldn't expect you to believe that you could pet a skunk at this bird cafe so  here are a couple of pictures worth a thousand words each.


Myself with the skunk
Tim petting the skunk's furry back
My Instagram pictures of this place got four people from my church to visit this cafe. I think I should get some commission. Just kidding. I'm happy to help people find the coolest places in Seoul. This is definitely one of them! Enjoy!


Scott Worden (The L.A./Seoul Guy)
Instagram: l.a.seoulguy



3 comments:

  1. Excuse me, I would like to ask is this cafe still operating? I would like to visit there in December so I want to make sure it's still there, but there is not much information I can get online in English...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it's still open but not 100% sure. It's a pretty popular place!

      Delete
    2. thanks!! will visit there in december!

      Delete