Total Pageviews

Friday, June 10, 2016

Teaching a Female Police Officer




Last night, I taught a really nice woman in her late twenties. She is a police officer in Samseong-dong (not too far from COEX Mall) in the Gangnam-gu area of Seoul. She told me that her job was rewarding but difficult. Also her working hours varied everyday, so I'm sure it was very hard on her physically since she could only exercise once a week. To give you an example, one day she would work during the day, another would be at night and then back to the day time the following day. I asked her what the hardest part of her job was. She said it was dealing with rude, drunk older men. That must be difficult in a male-dominated society where police officers are not respected. While at the English academy that I work at, She has been studying using her own money. I applaud her for doing something that's very rewarding with little pay and little respect. I hope and pray that as she improves her English, more job opportunities will come her way.


Scott Worden (The L.A./Seoul Guy)
Instagram: l.a.seoulguy

No comments:

Post a Comment