Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 28, 2016

First Stop of Hawaiian Honeymoon: Kahala Hotel in Oahu



My wife and I were originally going to go to Europe for our honeymoon but in order to do that she had to apply for an Italian visa since we wanted to explore Rome and Venice. Since wedding planning was stressful enough, we had to "settle" for Hawaii. Life is tough isn't it?

We decided to spend our first week in Oahu. I wanted to make our first three nights very special, so I took my wife to the Kahala Hotel. It wasn't cheap by any means but it was a great start to our honeymoon. As mentioned in my previous blog post, the staff, the room, the valet parking (free the first night), and beach were fantastic. It was much better than Waikiki Beach, but as mentioned before, you'll have to pay a lot more for style. However, was it worth it? Most definitely. Here are some pictures of the Kahala Hotel:


The beach is literally 20-30 feet from the hotel premises and it was clean and not overly crowded. We arrived at the hotel at 4:00pm to get settled in. Later on, I took a picture as sunset was approaching. The pond in the picture had many fish and also on the other side there is a pool for dolphins to swim in. You would probably have to pay to swim with the dolphins or you can watch others for free.




Here's a view of the beach itself as the sun was going down. There were much fewer people compared to Waikiki Beach. It was Paradise!



The next day we hit the beach! This is one view. There were a few people but not overwhelming.


This picture will give you a better idea how beautiful the scenery was. You can see the mountains, palm trees, and beautiful water. My wife and I were both stunned.




When we arrived at our hotel room, chocolate and fruit were waiting for us. I'm not sure if the hotel remembered that it was my honeymoon or not but we were both quite impressed. The chocolate even had sea salt in it, which threw my wife for a loop. But it was still good!




Here's the lobby of the Kahala Hotel. It's definitely a classy place! If you wanted to have dinner here, there's a room in the background of this picture. That is literally 20 feet from the beach as well.




Here's another view of the hotel from the outside. You can see a heated pool which is walking distance from the beacn and the manmade lake for the dolphins to swim in. It's a pretty stunning scene. My wife was a bit spoiled; she didn't want to swim in the pool since the beautiful beach was just as close and the water was just as warm.





Finally, here's a view of the hotel from the beach. The hot tub and pool are off to the right. I wish I had taken more pictures of the room but I will tell you this. In the room, you'll find a bathtub, shower, iron, wi-fi, I-Phone chargers, plenty of towels, two bottles of water each day, excellent shampoo and shower gel, soap, and a refrigerator. Forgive me if I'm forgetting something, but those are my essentials. :)


Mahalo and see you next time!


Scott Worden (The L.A./Seoul Guy)
Instagram: l.a.seoulguy














No comments:

Post a Comment