Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 8, 2017

1st Wedding Anniversary with my Wife

Happy 1-year anniversary to my sweetie!

On July 2, 2016, I married the love of my life, Eunhee Kim (Chinese name Yinji Jin), a sweet and beautiful woman from a small town in China with ethnic Koreans named Yanji.

Our anniversary dinner was for us but I want to dedicate this post to my amazing wife. I would like to tell you a little about her before I talk about our dinner.

Last year I was really excited to marry her, so how do I feel as one year passed? Even better. The Lord has really blessed me with an amazing wife that is very understanding. She's strong-minded yet gentle at the same time. She's very mature and independent, yet is not afraid to rely on me for support. She knows what she wants but is easygoing and open to new adventures and experiences. Lastly, she loves Jesus and sees more to life than just doing meaningless work without a sense of purpose. She worked in a trade company when she first came to Korea and made a decent amount of money. But she felt that overworking just to make money was not how she wanted to live the rest of her life. Therefore she enrolled in a seminary in Daejeon to become a missionary while living in Seoul on weekends. She commuted to Daejeon on Monday and came back to Seoul on Thursday or Friday consistently for three years. Thankfully she graduated with a Master's degree in Divinity just before our first wedding anniversary. We had two things to celebrate so how did we do it?

We went to the Signiel restaurant on the 81st floor of the Lotte World Tower building in the Jamsil area of Seoul, South Korea on Saturday, July 1, 2017. The Lotte World Tower building is now Korea's tallest building consisting of 126 floors and had just been opened three months ago.

The day was a bit dreary as you can see from this picture. Monsoon season had begun, but we wouldn't let that spoil the fun.

Lotte World Tower building on a gloomy monsoon day

My wife looked beautiful. She got a new outfit, got her hair cut, and she did her nails just for this dinner. I'm a very blessed man to have such a thoughtful wife. She's my best friend for a reason because no other friend could match how well she treats me.

What an amazing smile!

I tried to look my best as well but there was no way I would match her!


The restaurant was very classy and it was very quiet and calm. The staff was very professional, attentive, and answered all of our questions with pleasant attitudes. We were quite impressed.


We started off with a glass of wine with complementary French bread, which was really nice. My wife doesn't drink but she makes an exception on special occasions. She felt very relaxed after just drinking half of a glass of red wine. Haha!




I gave my wife some nice, dark Godiva chocolate with three choices of 50%, 75%, or 85% dark chocolate. Interestingly enough, the loved the 85% dark chocolate.



We chose the five-course dinner option. Everything was excellent and tasted great. You can tell that the chefs were very experienced and focused on detail and flavor. I took a lot of pictures of the food as you can see:

Red Pepper Salad
Ravioli with egg yoke

Grilled Duck for myself
Baked Mango
Grilled Fish for my wife
Dessert #1: Refreshing oranges with cinnamon stick
Chocolate mousse ice cream
You might look at the pictures and think that the dishes were small, but you would be surprised that we were very full and quite satisfied by the end of the meal. Everything was amazing and although it was expensive, it's worth it for a special event. I totally recommend going there.

The main reason to choose this place was to see if we could get a great view from the 81st floor. At the beginning, it was difficult because of the inclement weather, but as we were about to leave, we found a window where we could get some nice shots. We were not disappointed!

You can see Jamsil Stadium at the top

A view of the Han River
I'm looking forward to many more adventures with my wife as we continue to live in Asia and go to Europe for the first time together in September. Thank you Eunhee for being a wonderful wife to me. I love you so much!


Scott (The L.A./Seoul Guy)
Instagram: l.a.seoulguy

No comments:

Post a Comment