Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 12, 2017

This Week in Seoul (Week of November 5- November 12, 2017)




GOOD:

This week I experienced some interesting moments. As I was walking to Seollung Station after picking up a Subway sandwich after work, I noticed two older men loading up their truck with beer and soda bottles. They picked them up from a restaurant so they could take them to the recycling center. As they were loading the bottles, a female restaurant employee came out and gave each of them a tangerine. They were both very thankful and she told them to have a good day. It was a very sweet gesture.

BAD:

Within 10 minutes after the situation above, I got on the subway at Seollung Station and noticed that a man in his early to mid forties was sitting on the pregnant woman's seat. I don't have a big deal with people sitting there unless a pregnant woman, a much older person, or a person with physical disabilities is around and needs that seat. Well, the next stop came and two older women got on the subway. One was in her sixties and seemed to be pretty healthy and another woman in her seventies or older were both standing near the guy. The man had his earphones on and was watching a movie but I noticed that he was looking at the woman in her sixties and then when she looked in his direction, he avoided eye contact and went back to watching his movie. The woman that was older seemed to scan for empty seats and it was clear that she was uncomfortable standing. After about four stations, the man just wouldn't get up. I kept wondering if I should do something and even prayed about it. Finally, I tapped the man lightly on the shoulder, gestured to the much older woman, she smiles, he gets up, she gets a seat.

FUNNY:

As many of my friends have noticed on Facebook, I have a tendency to capture Koreans that like to wear shirts or jackets with English on the back of them. They seem to be very fashionable and the English is either very random or incomprehensible. Here are a couple of articles of clothing with "interesting" English that I found this week:


Do you know what this means??


How about some random pool hours and pool rules?



Scott Worden (The L.A./Seoul Guy)
Instagram: l.a.seoulguy

No comments:

Post a Comment