Total Pageviews

Friday, November 30, 2018

What Am I Thankful for in 2018?



Although Thanksgiving has passed, I can still be thankful because one of the most important holidays as a Christian is approaching: Christmas. Therefore, let me go over my list of things to be thankful for as 2018 comes closer to ending.

1. I am beyond thankful for my wife. She's amazing and does so much for me! She cleans the house so well, she irons my clothes, cooks wonderful meals, and she's so supportive. Most of all, she loves God and we can talk about meaningful and deep conversations. She also is very expressive towards me when she has problems that she wants to talk about. She's definitely my best friend. I love you sweetie!

2. I'm also thankful for our home. We almost moved in July but our landlord made a deal with us. We had gone on vacation to Vietnam and the plan was to move right as soon as we got back. That would have been extremely stressful. However, the Lord had other plans and I'm very thankful for that. Despite it being on a hill, it's in a quiet neighborhood, and our house has a good amount of space for a home in Seoul. I really can't complain!

3. I can't leave out the true friends that I have and you know who you are. These are friends that hold me accountable as a Christian, those that I can talk to when I have some problems, coworkers that are there when I'm frustrated with a student, and ones that just enjoy hanging out with me. I'm very happy to have each one of you as a friend. I'm truly blessed. I lost one friend out of greed (I'm thankful that God helped cut that friendship off) this year, but there are plenty of other good friends that have stuck by me. Thanks for your love and support guys!

4. Most people have a hard time being thankful for their boss or manager and I would have to say I would have been one of those people in 2017. Fortunately, 2018 was a different story. I have a manager that doesn't micro-manage, trusts his teachers, and has the same expectations for everyone- not just for a certain few. When I see him walk in, I'm genuinely happy to see him instead of dreading his presence like I did when a previous manager arrived at work.  Having a good manager makes work a lot easier to handle and I'm very blessed that I have had this blessing in 2018.

5. I'm thankful to have a place of worship. In some countries, proclaiming God's Word is a crime or seriously looked down upon. In some cities in Europe, people might not think you're that bright for believing in a God. Thankfully, South Korea is a wonderful place to express your love for Jesus. I sometimes forget to realize how important that it is, but it's huge.

6. I lost a friend this year (Ben Coyner), but I'm thankful that he's in Heaven with the Lord. He loved being on the praise team at church and I'm 100% certain that he's singing with the angels in Heaven. I miss you Ben, but I can't wait to see you again!

7. I'm thankful for my dad. He truly has unconditional love for me. I know that he and my brothers would love to have me move back to California, but my dad supports me no matter what. I do get a guilt trip once in awhile. On the other hand, my dad knows that my wife is amazing, so the guilt trips don't happen nearly as often as they used to. When we talk on Face Time on our I-Phones, we just continue where we left off in our previous conversations. Thank you very much for that Dad. I love you!

Scott Worden (The L.A./Seoul Guy)
Instagram: l.a.seoulguy

No comments:

Post a Comment