Total Pageviews

Friday, March 6, 2020

How are Koreans Responding to COVID-19? (March 6, 2020)


Jeong Yeon-je/Getty Images


It is now March and it seems as if the peak has reached in the epicenter of the Coronavirus in South Korea. The epicenter is Daegu, South Korea. Three-fifths of all cases were linked to the Shincheonji cult. You can see the article from the Wall Street journal here.

However, the point of this blog post isn't to bash the Shincheonji cult. God has already exposed them and due justice will happen one way or another. The purpose of this post is to let you know how South Koreans are responding. Almost everyone in public wears a mask nowadays. Since I'm a non-Korean, if I don't wear a mask, people will look at me like I'm strange. Also, a month ago before the virus got out of control, I was sitting on a bench at Nakseongdae Station waiting for my train at 6:00am. I hear an older woman next to me say "hello" and then I look over to her. She motioned to me that I should wear a mask. I politely nodded and then got on the train once it arrived.

Speaking of the subway, it's very easy to get a seat on the subway compared to normal rush hour or after 10:00pm on Line 2 when it's usually extremely crowded. Shopping malls like COEX Mall and IFC Mall are much quieter and parks are very pleasant to visit, so this virus has a huge advantage.

Scott Worden (The L.A./Seoul Guy)
Instagram: l.a.seoulguy



No comments:

Post a Comment