Total Pageviews

Monday, October 3, 2016

The L.A./Seoul Guy's Life as an Author




Since I came to South Korea in November 2003, I've had the pleasure of teaching elementary school students, middle school students, and adults. I've also been able to travel to 14 countries. While doing that I've also been blessed with the chance to write some ebooks by myself and some with my co-author and friend Liam Lusk. Together, we've written three children's books and two books targeted at ESL learners. I used to work with Liam for three years and we always discussed ways that we could make some extra money while doing something we enjoy. We decided to get into the writing industry because it is enjoyable and also has the potential to bring in some extra income.

My friend Liam has also written three books alone including Presentation Skills: How To Make a Great Presentation (my favorite book by Liam), YouTube: Are You Doing This?: Get Your Video Found on YouTube, and Twitter: Are You Doing This? Liam is an expert in Social Media, in the business sector, a husband, and a father of one daughter. I've known him for 11 years and consider him one of my best friends.  You can find his Amazon author page here: Liam Lusk's Amazon Author Page You can also find his blog at: www.liamlusk.com .

I have written three books by myself all related to traveling. My first book was 100 Travel Tips For Asia and although not as successful as I would like, it helped me to become a better writer. This book was written on my birthday ironically (January 19, 2014).

My second book 100 Travel Tips For Seoul helped me to establish myself as a legitimate travel writer and although it was written December 4, 2013, it has often been in the Top 10 in Seoul books very often. Currently it's ranked #14.

I consider my my latest book 50 Best Places to Visit in Los Angeles to be the best of all my books. It's 219 pages and discusses the 50 best places you need to go to if you're traveling in Los Angeles. Timothy Holm, a formal journalist in London and friend of mine,  and an expert in Asian Studies, is the editor of this book. This book was written on April 1st, 2016. No this is not a joke! Haha!

You can find my Amazon.com Author Page here: Scott Worden's Amazon Author Page

Now I'm debating whether to write a book about my 13 years of living in South Korea. I've lived in three cities, six homes, and taught various ages while living in this amazing country. I would love to know what you think.

Scott Worden (The L.A./Seoul Guy)
Instagram: l.a.seoulguy

3 comments: