Total Pageviews

Monday, April 30, 2018

Yesterday Was Just Not My Day

Yesterday was one of those days that I would just like to forget. Thankfully, I didn't take it too hard and I kind of just laughed it off but it was just a strange day overall.



Well it started off as a normal Sunday morning. I went to Starbucks and got a cafe latte, a blueberry muffin, and read my Bible. Then I met my friend Peter Kim at Gangnam Station at 11:30am, so we could eat lunch before going to church after that.

Then the day went awry. After Peter and I ordered lunch at Dos Tacos, I went to get soda from the soda fountain. After I poured my drink, I slipped on a wet spot that was on the floor and brought down one chair as I was falling. I don't know how but thankfully I didn't spill soda anywhere. I actually kept it upright! One of the staff members apologized, but that was it. There's one more thing to be thankful for. I didn't hurt myself too badly; It scared me more than anything.

Then Peter and I went to a cafe to get some coffee. My ATM card is starting to get old (they're made really poor in Korea), so sometimes it takes awhile but it does work if you swipe it hard enough. The woman tried a few times to swipe my card, but asked if I had another card. I said I didn't and I just said "It's okay. Don't worry about it" and took my card from her and didn't get coffee. I was already full and didn't need any coffee anyway. Peter ordered his coffee, picked it up, and we were on our way to church.

After we got to church, I went to the bathroom. Next, I did my business and I flushed the toilet. I know that some Korean toilets aren't made well especially in old buildings, so they put trash cans next to the toilet if you need to put used toilet paper in it. Well, I thought that I wasn't going to use that much toilet paper so I didn't put the used toilet paper into the bin (I hate putting used toilet paper in a trash can. It's really gross to me). Unfortunately I didn't know that I just made a mistake by throwing the used toilet paper into the toilet. I apparently DID use too much toilet paper and it clogged the commode. I tried to flush it a couple of times to no avail. After the third time, I had no choice but to try to lodge it out with my hand. Um, not ideal in the least. However, there wasn't a plunger or any tool to help relieve the situation. And of course that didn't help. I tried to flush it again and water started to overflow...Ugh. I gave up and just soaked and washed my hands THOROUGHLY. Wow, could this day get any worse?

Well, it did. After church,  I had coffee with my friends which was harmless enough. Then my friend Evan said that he and his fiance were planning on going to Panda Express inside the IFC Mall in Yeouido. We had to take the subway (Line 9) to get there. After getting on a packed train at Shinnonhyeon Station, things seemed to be pretty normal until we get to Express Terminal. More people packed in like sardines which is always an experience. As I was reaching for a hand ring, I smacked a woman in the head and I heard a loud "Ow". I apologized in Korean but she gave me a dirty look so I said it in English "I'm sorry!" Then she finally gave me a slight bow to acknowledge that she accepted my apology.

Scott Worden (The L.A./Seoul Guy)
Instagram: l.a.seoulguy


No comments:

Post a Comment